Chandrashila is summit of the Tungnath . It literally means "Moon Rock". It is located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,000 ft) above sea level. This peak provides views of the Himalayas, including Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba peaks.Chandrashila treks are one of the most popular treks among Indian trekking enthusiasts. The trek to the peak is 5 km. The trek route that starts from Chopta takes one to Tungnath (highest Shiva temple in the World), from here it is a kilometer long, and a steep trek. Though shorter in distance, steep climbing makes this trek rigorous.
- Highly experienced trek leader.
- Ideal for first-time trekkers.
- Explore the the mesmerizing bhagsunag fall.
Board bus the evening before with Miles Fever Team and reach Sari via Bus (Applicable on "Delhi to Delhi trip")
We then trek from sari to Deoriatal , its a one hour trek , a gradual climb that becomes steeper after the first 10 minutes .
After an hour of climbing we descent a little to reach our camp site besides the lake( at 7,841 ft.).
Have dinner around a bonfire and enjoy the beautiful view. *there is no water source, you'll have to carry water from sari according to your need .
6:00 AM - Wake up call. Wake up to the mesmerizing view of the sun rising from behind the mountains and the rays glistening over the lake
After breakfast we'll leave for Chopta. It is a 14 km trek , that will take us around 7-8 hours to cover. The trek gradient is moderate and there is a series of ascents and descents. •*this trek will depend on weather.
We move through a forest and are directly ushered up an ascending path towards Rohini bhugyal and Chopta set camp at Chopta .•*no water source , first water source will be around 20 minutes before we reach Rohini bhugyal and there are some waterfalls on the second half of the trail.
6:30 AM - Wake up call,Mornings admist the mountains are always beautiful.
After breakfast we start our trek to Chandrashila peak. The trek gradient is moderate and there is a sharp ascent to tungnath for about 2 kms.
From tungnath is a steep climb to Chandrashila. You are now at the top of the Chandrashila peak which literally means the 'moon rock' and has lots of historical legends attached to it. You get a 360 degree view of the garhwal Himalayas. Notable peaks that you get to see from here are nanda devi, trishul ,nandaghunti, kamet,chaukhamba, kedardome etc.
The view is going to be as beautiful as you imagined it to be. We start our downhill journey to Chopta ,its comparatively easy and we'll reach back in about 2 hrs.
Its time to depart back to Delhi
Take the bus to Delhi (Applicable on "Delhi to Delhi Trip")
Next morning we reach delhi.
Details of trip
- Stay in Deoriatal(Camp) - You will be staying in camps (on a multiple sharing basis) and we will be providing you with a waterproof tent and a sleeping bag for the camping experience!
- Stay in Chopta(Camp) - You will be staying in camps (on a multiple sharing basis) and we will be providing you with a waterproof tent and a sleeping bag for the camping experience!
- We will be providing 2Breakfast 2 Lunch and 2Dinner from the time of arrival to Departure.
- This adventure is all about its activities, which includes trekking in the Deoriatal and Chopta .
- A highlight of the adventure is the splendid camping experience at Chopta!
- It also includes exploring various attractions like the nanda devi, trishul ,nandaghunti, kamet,chaukhamba, kedardome etc.
- Keep your backpack light. Dont carry extra stuff which you are not gonna use in 48 hours.
- Cameras + Cell Phones + Power Bank.
- Water Bottle.
- Move/Iodex/any painkiller for just emergency.
- *It depends on you to carry extra stuff, but these things are seriously recommended.
- *ATM Cards are generally not accepted here, carry cash.
- All relevant licenses and chandrashila Trekking permits.
- Camp Stay in Chopta.
- Relevant meal cycles for the 3 days including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per mentioned meals.
- Trekking expertise and guide.
- Music Session at Deoriatal/li>
- Exploration of Deoriatal lake.
- GST @5%.
- Things not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Trekking Poles, Boots, Jackets, etc.
- Cost escalation due to reasons beyond the control.